Outlook for Mobile Devices
In order to setup your email on your smart phone or mobile device, you will need to download Outlook from your device's app store:
Now that you have it installed, you'll need to follow these simple steps to get you setup:
1. Open the app and tap on Get Started
2. Enter in your email address (eg. email@example.com) and tap on "Add Account. It may ask to "Setup Account Manually", this is fine.
3. Make sure to select "Exchange" as the email service (not Office 365)
4. Make sure "Advanced Settings" is enabled, there will now appear "Server" "Domain" and "Username".
a) For "Server", type webmail.nic.bc.ca (preferred) OR owa.nic.bc.ca
b) for "Domain", type nic.bc.ca
c) for "Username", type your student ID (eg. n9999999)
5. It will now ask you to setup another account, select "Maybe Later". Now choose if you'd like notifications, read the welcome messages, and you're all set!
Blackboard for Mobile Devices
Check your assignment due dates, grades, messages from your instructors, and a whole lot more. Just install the app on your mobile device and login using your myNIC userID and password.
For a complete listing of all the features, go Here
Get it here:
The NIC App
The NIC app helps you stay connected with the North Island College community, and puts the complete higher education experience in the palm of your hand.
Get it Here:
The NIC app provides secured access to the following:
After you’ve downloaded the app, use your myNIC User ID and password to access your information.
Library Contact & Hours | Privacy