Student Printing Account:
Did you know your NIC Student Printing account and password is the same as your myNIC account?
When you sign in with your Student Printing Account (eg. n9999999) you can:
Deposit funds to your account using a credit card or an Interac debit card
View the account balance
GO to the NIC Student Printing Account log-on to get started!
About Student Printing:
Sign in with your myNIC account (eg. n9999999) and you can:
**Purchases of Printing Credits and PrintBucks are non-refundable.**
Pay4Print credits can be purchased online with a credit card or Interac Online.
About Print Bucks:
You can also use cash, to purchase $1 and $5 PrintBucks from the following locations during their posted operating hours.
Report problems to our Student Printing Help Desk by e-mailing the details to email@example.com. Please keep any defective prints (e.g. those with poor print quality) until your issue has been resolved, as we may wish to see them.
Printing Wirelessly From Your Device
To print wirelessly from your laptop go here and follow these 6 steps:
1. Sign in to your printing account, or print buck, and make sure that you have sufficient funds to print your document. You will log in using your myNIC username and password (eg. n9999999).
To add funds to your Student Print account, you will first have to login here, and add funds using a credit or debit card.
2. Choose the document you wish to print by clicking "choose file" and then find and select your document from your computer. Please note, supported documents include Microsoft Office, PDF, JPG, GIF, PNG, and TIF files.
3. Click "Next" and wait for the file to upload to the print server.
4. Once your document is uploaded, it will "await release", at this point you can choose which printer you'd like to print to. If you'd like to change the print settings, see step 5.
5. Before selecting the printer, you can adjust the print settings by selecting the "Advanced" check box. Here you can change black/white and color settings as well as single or double-sided.
6. Once you're settings are the way you desire, select the printer button and your print job will be released.
Scan to Email
The major printers in all of our libraries are able to scan to email for free, please follow these steps:
NIC Student WI-FI
Open to all Students. simply open your Wi-Fi settings on your laptop or other mobile device and select "NIC-WIFI". You will be prompted for credentials to authenticate your connection. The Username and Password will be the same as your myNIC account (eg. n9999999). If you save this connection, you will only need to do this process once.
Apple - enter your myNIC credentials and select "Join", when prompted select "Trust"
Android - Enter the settings as shown.
If you do not see "Use system certificates", please select "do not validate" or "(unspecified)"
I Can't Get On the Wi-Fi:
Frequently Asked Questions:
What alternatives do I have to printing?
Responsible printing means printing only what you need.
How much does it cost to print?
Each printed page costs 10 cents. If both sides of the page are printed on, as with a duplex job, it is counted as two printed pages. Pages with colour (available in the campus libraries – except for Mount Waddington) cost 20 cents per page.
How does the Student Printing system work?
Users prepare documents as they normally would. The only thing that changes is the appearance of some dialog boxes, prompting users for Student Printing credentials, before the document is released to the printer.
Click on “Print” to confirm your job and release it to the printer. Your job will print normally provided you have a sufficient balance.
Why does it charge an extra page when I print from Internet Explorer?
In some instances Internet Explorer will add an extra page when printing, which is counted by the pay-for-printing system. Specifically, this occurs if the actual content requires an odd number of pages and the printer is set to two-sided printing (the default).
Several options are available to avoid being charged for additional pages when printing from Internet Explorer:
The Student Printing portal will not let me create an account, what options do I have?
If you are not an NIC student, you will not be able to use the Student Printing service. You will need to purchase print bucks through the Library or Book store.
What if I forget my Student Printing password?
It is the same as your myNIC account, so chances are you have forgotten that as well. Resetting your password can be done through the myNIC login page.
For users with PrintBucks obtained from the bookstore, the logon credentials are on the front of the card. Please ensure your PrintBucks are kept in a safe place as we cannot replace lost credits.
Library Contact & Hours | Privacy